Saturday, June 11, 2011

WARNING COUPON PROSECUTION "YOU SAY WHHAT....?!"

I have always been a dabbling once in awhile coupon shopper. With the coupon craze " Extreme Couponing" on TLC, and  an income reduction I took notice. I took advantage of subsribing to the Chicago Tribune    13 bucks for 13 weeks when approached by a contractor in my local  Menards  ( Wisconsin's version of Home Depot). Hundreds of coupons are located in Wed Th Sun additions, so  I clip and catalog by  produce, canned goods, frozen, toiletries etc, in individual envelopes , and finally into an accordian  carrier.

I take the contraption to my grocery store for my first effort, I enter the check out the checker says are you all ready  to start ? as if we are preparing for the marathon  coupon shopping exposed on Extreme Couponing . My face flush red I state oh I am not one of those crazy hoarder couponer's . I used 4 coupons. The next trip I used more I saved 22.00. The truth is I do not understand the ins and outs how shoppers on the tv program send 300 or 600 or 1800 dollars  across the conveyer belt and with coupons end up with a total bill of 10 bucks or zero. The show never reveals the secret step by stop. So I watch the reality series each new episode hoping for one more tip or instruction, One tip was collect the coupons laying in the store or tapped on the shelves (some of these couponers on the show go to extremes as dumpster dumping newspapers, or driving around taking newspapers still delivered to foreclosed on houses !!YOU SAY WHAT!!!! .

By gathering vendors coupons from my store I got a free gallon of milk by purchasing a frozen pizza, 2 bucks off 12 pack rootbeer when buying charcoal, steak sauce for 50 cents all things I would by and another 32.00 in discounts. I return to shop yesterday  big sins WARNING WARNING WARNING WE WILL PROSECUTE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE  LAW IF YOU TAKE A COUPON AND DO NOT PURCAHSE THE ITEM THE SAME DAY TAKING COUPONS IS THEFT"
!!!YOU SAY WHAT!!! All coupons say no cash value, and maybe my grocery list is aleady made and I don't  need Miracle Whip today but will next week.

My thought while shaving my legs the stores don't pay for those coupons and the vendors remburse the stores for the value of the coupon used. Is this an over reaction because more people are using coupons with the rising cost of groceries or was the managment that made this decision suffering from loss of sleep, ora fight with a spouse could they possibly mean this ? I only hope the police are called on me for picking up a coupon and saving it for a future grocery shopping day when i need the product. If this were to occur I would call the local news so you all would know. What would you do if a coupon officer approached you? Really now would they really come if called?

No comments:

Post a Comment